Who is WHOIS?
1) Owner information
2) Technical Contact
3) Administrator Contact
4) Registration date, expiry date, last renewal date
5) Registrar of domain
WHOIS is available as a service on port 43. WHOIS servers vary by the TLD (top level domain). Correct servers should be used to get information on the domain.
Although this information cab be fetched directly using simple tools like Telnet, it is easier to use tools like www.who.is.
- Fiddling with Fiddler
- Best Concise Linux System Administrator’s Guide (SAG)
- RAID 1 vs RAID 5
- Speed testing a website
- My experience running PHP on IIS 7.5
- Setting up IIS 7.5 and Apache on same server
- Using HTTPWebRequest & HTTPWebResponse to automate web browsing
- Buying vs renting
- To RAID or not to RAID
- Scripting form post in C# & .net