IP Whois Tool
based on 69 ratings
- What is IP Whois?
- IP Whois Tool fetches the registered data for the IP address from the global whois servers.
- Which server does it use?
- IP Whois tool uses the whois server provide by ARIN (whois.arin.net)
- What or Who is ARIN?
- Each IP address is registered with a Regional Internet Registry (RIR). Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) delegates IP addresses to RTRs and they in turn provide then to ISPs. ARIN is one such regional authority.
- How many RTRs are there?
Currently there are five of them.
- African Network Information Center (AfriNIC) for Africa
- American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) for US, Canada and several parts of Caribbean
- Asia-Pacific Network Information Center (APNIC) for Asia, Australia and neighbouring countries
- Latin America and Caribbean Network Information Center (LACNIC) for Latin America and parts of the Caribbean region
- RIPE NCC for Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia
- Does this tool work for all RTRs?
- Yes, this tool recursively fetches records from the whois until it reaches the correct authority.